• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Farringdon Thameslink assistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fandroid

Established Member
Joined
9 Nov 2014
Messages
2,567
Location
Hampshire
I passed through Farringdon station early this pm. On the northbound Thameslink platform I saw a lady looking agitatedly at the various signs and asked if I could help. She asked me if I knew if there was an office where she could get help concerning luggage left on a train.

I almost never go anywhere there except between northbound Thameslink platforms and eastbound Underground, so my greater knowledge of the station is minuscule. We looked for a staff member but couldn't immediately see one. I had to continue with my journey, but from the bridge I spotted a hi-viz wearing member of staff on that same platform but hidden around the curve. Then I recognised it as LUL hi-viz, and remembered the whole station is managed by LUL, as shown by the Underground roundels on the Thameslink platforms.
Does anyone think that the lady would have got much practical help there? Are there help-points and are they connected to Thameslink rather than LUL?

The Underground branding of the Thameslink platforms always struck me as bizarre and potentially confusing.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2011
Messages
1,667
Thameslink have platform staff based there from first to last trains, the office is a little hard to spot though as it's just a door on the platform all on the Northbound platform about in the middle of the Platform. If she went there then they could have helped by putting a message out to other stations or call the destination station for someone to check the Train there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top