trainophile
Established Member
I understand 5th March is the date when the next round of fare increases happens. I've been buying Advance tickets for after this date which are still at the current prices, which is fine.
However I need an Anytime Return for towards the end of April, which is currently showing the same price as if I was travelling tomorrow, but I'm assuming this will increase on 5th March. Problem is I don't want to buy it until nearer the time, as if it turns out to be strike day/s it's a hassle claiming it back. Hoping we may get more idea of the likelihood of the strikes being ongoing (or not) within a few weeks. Presumably the new price of my required ticket, whatever it turns out to be, will kick in on 5th March, so it is safe to assume that I can buy this ticket any time up to 4th March at the current price?
However I need an Anytime Return for towards the end of April, which is currently showing the same price as if I was travelling tomorrow, but I'm assuming this will increase on 5th March. Problem is I don't want to buy it until nearer the time, as if it turns out to be strike day/s it's a hassle claiming it back. Hoping we may get more idea of the likelihood of the strikes being ongoing (or not) within a few weeks. Presumably the new price of my required ticket, whatever it turns out to be, will kick in on 5th March, so it is safe to assume that I can buy this ticket any time up to 4th March at the current price?
