PhilipW
Member
Looking at the 'Nationalrail' website for tickets from Fareham (or indeed any other station on the South Coast), only Single fares are available.
However on the ticket machine at my local station, Return fares are available.
For an 'Off Peak Return' the fare is £10-£12 cheaper than two singles.
Can someone explain what is going on ?
I know LNER has abolished a lot of Returns and one has to buy two Singles. I would have expected the website and the ticket machines to be in sync.
Fares in Britain are indeed very confusing.
However on the ticket machine at my local station, Return fares are available.
For an 'Off Peak Return' the fare is £10-£12 cheaper than two singles.
Can someone explain what is going on ?
I know LNER has abolished a lot of Returns and one has to buy two Singles. I would have expected the website and the ticket machines to be in sync.
Fares in Britain are indeed very confusing.