• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fare too good to be true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmt4ever

Member
Joined
13 May 2013
Messages
691
Location
RMT
So I've just booked a journey for GatEx. Open 1st class group return for 3 of us, for £37!!!!! Is this a website fault? It's cheaper than standard.

I just hope it works and I get my tickets .....
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 163
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Searle

Established Member
Joined
4 May 2012
Messages
1,580
Location
Ladbroke Grove
Before people come in and rant about how GatEx isn't worth it blah blah blah, that is a pretty decent fare, nice one ;)
 

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,842
Location
Ledbury
Well spotted. Looks like a possible error in the new fares from 9th Sept. Fare type is FCB. Here are the fare records:

VIC-GTW 2014-05-18 to 2014-09-06 112.00 FCB
VIC-GTW 2014-09-07 to 2999-12-31 37.00 FCB

Edit: I suggest that you buy them whilst you can. Because this has been posted in a public forum, Southern (who operate Gatwick Express branded trains) will know about it and will be in the process of changing the fares database.
 
Last edited:

rmt4ever

Member
Joined
13 May 2013
Messages
691
Location
RMT
I don't know why I decided to look to book the ticket today but am so glad I did, we are not going on Holliday until October !

Here's another attachment..
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 127

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,842
Location
Ledbury
Also note that the 1st class group single is also available at £19.20 (down from £58)

These tickets allow 3 or 4 people to travel, but they must travel together.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The First Class Anytime Return looks a real bargain too at only £168 ;)

Depending on your travelling companions, it may be well worth the extra £131 so that you don't have to travel together :D
 

talldave

Established Member
Joined
24 Jan 2013
Messages
2,686
Don't hold your breath. Last time I reported a First Class Gat Exp ticket error to Southern it took them 5 months to fix - and I'd given them the fix they needed to make on their web page.

I'm currently three and a half months into trying to get them to fix the misleading off peak validity information on the Gat Exp website. Spent 20 minutes on the phone to them yesterday in response to another of their brainless emails. They are incompetent beyond belief!
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,464
Location
London
I stand for correction, but I'd guess the intention is to change from having one full fare ticket and the remainder of the group at zero fare to having tickets individually priced. As they're continuing to use the same ticket type, however, Ticket Issuing Systems will continue to apply the current rules until the Fares Change Date.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top