• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

fare evasion prosecution GTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraven

New Member
Joined
12 Sep 2024
Messages
3
Location
London
Hello,
I was stopped by a revenue officer on my way to farringdon
I normally would buy a ticket from luton to st albans and then get off at one of the undergroud stations and just pay for the tfl journey but i was caught on this peculiar day and i just got this notice.
i struggle to pay the full cost of the fair as i do mainly agency work that just doesnt cover for my transport entirely, i have tried to get a job in luton but all to no avail. I am an international student and im shaking with fear of being deported now and confused

I have drafted a response, i know im guilty and not a first time offender and would really appreciate advice on the next steps to take or what to do from here

thank you everyone for your help
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2024-11-13 113249.png
    Screenshot 2024-11-13 113249.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 58
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-11-13 at 11.28.10_c28f3c71.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-11-13 at 11.28.10_c28f3c71.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 58
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John R

Established Member
Joined
1 Jul 2013
Messages
6,132
Maybe change "I am willing" to "and of course I would expect to pay the outstanding fare..." etc.

And behaviour has a u - it's not going to make a difference, but better to use English not American spelling!

But other than that it seems OK to me. And of course, if they examine your ticketing history they will find that since then you have absolutely paid the full fare every time, won't they, given you've said it won't happen again?
 

kraven

New Member
Joined
12 Sep 2024
Messages
3
Location
London
I have effected the changes.

and i havenn't been paying the full fare everytime as every now and again when i'm on the rush to work i still make an incomplete purchse of the ticket but I absolutely plan to pay it from now or not take train

do i need to change the wording in ligh tof this?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2024-11-13 121502.png
    Screenshot 2024-11-13 121502.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 14

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,901
and i havenn't been paying the full fare everytime as every now and again when i'm on the rush to work i still make an incomplete purchse of the ticket
So since being caught, you've still been buying short fares?
 

kraven

New Member
Joined
12 Sep 2024
Messages
3
Location
London
Yes just a couple of times after, I realize how foolish it was now as I didn't think they could track my transactions and thought the one event would be an isolated event.

Now I know and I won't ever buy short fares again.
What are the likely repercussions of this and does this mean they would not accept my out of court settlement?
 

John R

Established Member
Joined
1 Jul 2013
Messages
6,132
Yes just a couple of times after, I realize how foolish it was now as I didn't think they could track my transactions and thought the one event would be an isolated event.

Now I know and I won't ever buy short fares again.
What are the likely repercussions of this and does this mean they would not accept my out of court settlement?
If you've carried on purchasing short fare tickets since being caught, I think you will be testing the patience of the GTR investigator who will review your case and thus your ticket purchasing history. I'm not sure we've seen such a case before, so I don't think we're in a position to judge what their response will be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top