Searle
Established Member
From Monday 19th August to Wednesday 21st August I'm going up to Scotland for a trip, and I could do with some fare advice for the Wednesday (I've sorted the other two on Advances, Wick - Ayr for £21, bargain!). Here's the itinerary:
0837 AYR - STR 0958
1010 STR - KMK 1204
1227 KMK - GLC 1305
1325 GLC - PYG 1336
1409 PYG - GLC 1422
1500 GLC - EDB 1600
1708 EDB - GLT 1811
1815 GLT - KDY 1822
1847 KDY - ABD 2048 OR
1912 KDY - ABD 2113 (depending on which one turns up first, the 1847 is from Plymouth and the 1912 from King's Cross!)
2143 ABD - EUS 0747 (sleeper already booked).
So far the tickets I have are:
AYR - STR SDS @ £6.75
STR - GLC SDS @ £7.90 (valid via KMK on Shortest Route)
GLC - PYG CDR @ £2.50
GLC - EDB SDS @ £5.30 (XC Only)
EDB - GLT CDR @ £6.20 (Cheaper than EDB - GLT and GLT - KDY SDS's)
KDY - ABD SDS @ £17.65
(AYR is Ayr, STR is Stranraer, KMK is Kilmarnock, GLC is Glasgow Central/Stations, PYG is Paisley Gilmour Street, EDB is Edinburgh (stations), GLT is Glenrothes with Thornton, KDY is Kirkcaldy and ABD is Aberdeen).
This leaves me at a total of £46.30. Was just wondering if there is anything I can do to slightly get it down a bit? I've checked out the rovers but they're all 4 in 8 and are very expensive haha. Thanks!
0837 AYR - STR 0958
1010 STR - KMK 1204
1227 KMK - GLC 1305
1325 GLC - PYG 1336
1409 PYG - GLC 1422
1500 GLC - EDB 1600
1708 EDB - GLT 1811
1815 GLT - KDY 1822
1847 KDY - ABD 2048 OR
1912 KDY - ABD 2113 (depending on which one turns up first, the 1847 is from Plymouth and the 1912 from King's Cross!)
2143 ABD - EUS 0747 (sleeper already booked).
So far the tickets I have are:
AYR - STR SDS @ £6.75
STR - GLC SDS @ £7.90 (valid via KMK on Shortest Route)
GLC - PYG CDR @ £2.50
GLC - EDB SDS @ £5.30 (XC Only)
EDB - GLT CDR @ £6.20 (Cheaper than EDB - GLT and GLT - KDY SDS's)
KDY - ABD SDS @ £17.65
(AYR is Ayr, STR is Stranraer, KMK is Kilmarnock, GLC is Glasgow Central/Stations, PYG is Paisley Gilmour Street, EDB is Edinburgh (stations), GLT is Glenrothes with Thornton, KDY is Kirkcaldy and ABD is Aberdeen).
This leaves me at a total of £46.30. Was just wondering if there is anything I can do to slightly get it down a bit? I've checked out the rovers but they're all 4 in 8 and are very expensive haha. Thanks!
Last edited: