• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fantastic day in London 16/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2005
Messages
8,824
Location
Back office
Firstly, I left Yard around 11:30, and headed to Euston for the 12:34 SL fast to Harrow. At 13:05, 87006 came through south light engine, then 6 minutes later, 47853 opened up with the ECS for Crewe. I took the 13:17 SN service, and noticed three 58s in Wembley, and three 37s in North Pole. No 0G02 today. So I headed for Waterloo, then took a bus to Ludgate Circus, then another back to Paddington.
[EDIT]
That took a stupid amount of time. I took the 15:28 Turbo to Acton Mainline. Was very quiet. At 4 ish, a Voyager came through, followed by a Class 101, which clagged like the GCR example! Content, I took a bus to Willesden Junction, then a 313 to Euston. From there, I took the 17:04 350 to Harrow again. 47832 plus Intercity coaches and 47145 were at Sudbury Junction. I explored the town for a bit, then returned to the station. A while later,56301 came through, followed by 66095+37405. I took the Tube to Willesden, then the delayed 19:08 service to Kenny O. Upon arrival, I ran across the bridge. When I got to the platform, I turned and saw the flasks. The sound of the 20+37 thrashing up was terrific, then full throttle with clag was amazing for DRS! Very happy with that, I went to East Croydon, then took a train to Forest Hill. On the way to Croydon, I saw a Yeoman 59. On the way to Forest Hill, I saw 31105+31106 about to leave Selhurst depot on the 4Z07 SERCO, and a pair of FCC 319s. Great day for the variety and thrash!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top