• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Family railcard query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny158

Member
Joined
1 Jul 2013
Messages
71
Hi. Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I'm just after a bit of clarity. Am I right in thinking that if I purchase a family railcard and board the train with my new born son ( so just myself as an adult and my son who is 4 weeks old ) that I will be entitled to the railcard discount as long as I buy my son a child's ticket???
Many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brunswick

Member
Joined
29 May 2013
Messages
15
Yes it does and if you buy an advance you both get seats and nobody can demand you move the baby if busy believe me this has been done to me! Wish they would make the terms little clearly took me a year to work it out !!!
 

Donny158

Member
Joined
1 Jul 2013
Messages
71
That's brilliant!! Thanks for the reply!! Can see a lot more father/son adventures for him at a very early age now!! :p
 

LexyBoy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
4,478
Location
North of the rivers
Hi. Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I'm just after a bit of clarity. Am I right in thinking that if I purchase a family railcard and board the train with my new born son ( so just myself as an adult and my son who is 4 weeks old ) that I will be entitled to the railcard discount as long as I buy my son a child's ticket???
Many thanks

You can purchase tickets on board only if there are no ticketing facilities at your starting station. Other than that, the Family & Friends Railcard is indeed valid provided you are travelling with a child (and purchase a discounted ticket for them). The terms are a bit confusing in places but it is definitely permitted. The ability to get discounted tickets for 3 other adults is a big bonus too!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top