I was stopped at Piccadilly for using my partner’s 60+ card. The inspector took my details and charged me with fare evasion. I had used the card that day, as well as on and off a few other times in the past, though not for all my journeys. I’m not sure if CCTV footage will be checked for this.
I have a few questions, and if anyone is able to reply, I would really appreciate it:
1. What is the success rate for an out-of-court resolution versus getting a warning or ending up with a criminal record? (Is that possible without a solicitor help. Simple apology)
2. I’ve checked with a few solicitors and legal services. They are expensive (£240 for an initial consultation and at least £800 for writing the letter), and I out of work at the moment, so that’s beyond my means. Are they worth it? Any tips on crafting the letter myself and avoiding obvious mistakes that might harm my case?
3. What happens if I don’t reply? What’s the worst-case scenario? It’s just a ticket, not a crime against humanity! At this point, I value my mental health above all, and this is consuming me. Is there any support out there?
Thanks in advance for your advice and support.
I have a few questions, and if anyone is able to reply, I would really appreciate it:
1. What is the success rate for an out-of-court resolution versus getting a warning or ending up with a criminal record? (Is that possible without a solicitor help. Simple apology)
2. I’ve checked with a few solicitors and legal services. They are expensive (£240 for an initial consultation and at least £800 for writing the letter), and I out of work at the moment, so that’s beyond my means. Are they worth it? Any tips on crafting the letter myself and avoiding obvious mistakes that might harm my case?
3. What happens if I don’t reply? What’s the worst-case scenario? It’s just a ticket, not a crime against humanity! At this point, I value my mental health above all, and this is consuming me. Is there any support out there?
Thanks in advance for your advice and support.
Last edited: