The Planner
Veteran Member
- Joined
- 15 Apr 2008
- Messages
- 19,744
The Wolverhampton 390 is often 5minutes early at Coventry.
Engineering recovery time and PTT being different to the WTT. 5 is extreme though, 3 I'd believe.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
'Padding' time surely shouldn't be in the sectional running times* in any place, it should be in <x> performance minutes, station dwell times and differential at terminus. Its a bit naughty to put {x} adjustment time in the running times for no good reason.
* I know there are some routes where the [x] engineering time is taken to account in SRTs, but thats not the general regime.
Padding shouldnt be, the issue being is that TOCs claim that times aren't acheivable when everything points to them being so. It then gets to the delay blame game.
Diamond time is an odd one and isn't often used. Box time is taken into account on the Southern only as a 5% allowance in each SRT but I fail to see how that can work with rounding on low timings.
