• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fail To Carry Young Persons Railcard - Expired to Boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stressedout

New Member
Joined
25 Jun 2017
Messages
1
Hi there,

Majorly ****ed up, bought a ticket from Cambridge to Oxford on a 16-25 railcard, despite not having mine on me and it expiring 5 ~ months ago.

I was not issued with a fine on the spot, believing i had a valid railcard at home. (hadn't slept in 2 days due to workload).

I have instead been issued with a written notice saying 'if fail to carry, passenger to send a copy of their season ticket or railcard within 14 days to the address below, failure to do so may lead to prosecution.

I have since renewed my railcard and was wondering how I should approach this best, to avoid gaining a criminal record. Are GTR generally amenable to out of court settlements if I send a grovelling apology. How should I proceed from here.

Many Thanks
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,497
Location
Yorkshire
Difficult to say but it's certainly worth trying; it's in both your interest and their interest for a settlement to be agreed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top