I know that if someone is travelling with a child under five years old and wants to use a Friends and Family Railcard they need to buy a discounted ticket for that child, as an alternative to the adult paying full fare and the child travelling free. However if the adult is travelling with more than one child under five is there a need to buy discounted tickets for both children in order for the railcard discount to be valid i.e could they use the railcard to get a discount for one adult and one child with the second child travelling free on the general basis of being an under five year old travelling with an adult?
My assumption is yes given that the National Rail Conditions of Carriage only refer to the child travelling with an adult with a ticket, not an adult with an undiscounted ticket but I wanted to check other views.
My assumption is yes given that the National Rail Conditions of Carriage only refer to the child travelling with an adult with a ticket, not an adult with an undiscounted ticket but I wanted to check other views.