• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Extension/Boundary ticket Kings X to Cambridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliK

New Member
Joined
8 Oct 2025
Messages
2
Location
London
I have a Freedom Pass and am travelling from Kings Cross to Cambridge. I want to buy the ticket on Great Northern’s website. From which station do I need to buy an extension ticket to cover the journey from where my Freedom pass ceases to be valid?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AliK

New Member
Joined
8 Oct 2025
Messages
2
Location
London
Thank you for that. I don’t know why Great Northern don’t sell boundary tickets on their website. It would make it so much easier.
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,784
Location
UK
You can buy Boundary Zone 6 tickets as an alternative, from either the Avanti website or on TrainSplit by specifying you have a Freedom Pass in the advanced options. Many ticket machines also have it as an option nowadays, and any ticket office should be capable of selling it to you too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top