Alistair G.
Member
Hey guys,
Looking for some advice on options available to me for trip I'm to take on 1/3/16.
On the 29/2 I travel to Rugby - Euston, then Kings cross to Edinburgh for a bit of jolly out.
On the 1/3/16 I'm then traveling Edinburgh - Glasgow and then I was MEANT to get the 12:00 Glasgow central south bound and then change at Crewe & Stafford (both LM services) to complete my journey back to rugby.
However I read today that network rail have declared that the viaduct (lamington I think it's called?) will now not reopen until the first week of March, which I'm guessing they are meaning w/c 7th March.
If this is the case, how do virgin trains complete the Glasgow - Crewe part of my journey for me and presuming the answer is bus (I'm guessing Glasgow - Carlisle by bus?) then with the additional time that has to take, where do I stand with my connecting services? (I only had 20mins at Crewe!)
It is an advance ticket, but I bought Glasgow Central - Rugby, it was the Virgin site that split the journey up and then sold the ticket to me, so I am presuming they have to still provide a journey back to rugby for me somehow?!. Will I be able to catch different LM connecting trains other than those states on my Virgin travel receipt because of this delay?, what happens if the LM guard decides to challenge that on his train and candelas additional payment because I'm not travelling on the booked train my ticket says I should be on?!?
Anyone who has any information that could help me out I would be very grateful!.
Looking for some advice on options available to me for trip I'm to take on 1/3/16.
On the 29/2 I travel to Rugby - Euston, then Kings cross to Edinburgh for a bit of jolly out.
On the 1/3/16 I'm then traveling Edinburgh - Glasgow and then I was MEANT to get the 12:00 Glasgow central south bound and then change at Crewe & Stafford (both LM services) to complete my journey back to rugby.
However I read today that network rail have declared that the viaduct (lamington I think it's called?) will now not reopen until the first week of March, which I'm guessing they are meaning w/c 7th March.
If this is the case, how do virgin trains complete the Glasgow - Crewe part of my journey for me and presuming the answer is bus (I'm guessing Glasgow - Carlisle by bus?) then with the additional time that has to take, where do I stand with my connecting services? (I only had 20mins at Crewe!)
It is an advance ticket, but I bought Glasgow Central - Rugby, it was the Virgin site that split the journey up and then sold the ticket to me, so I am presuming they have to still provide a journey back to rugby for me somehow?!. Will I be able to catch different LM connecting trains other than those states on my Virgin travel receipt because of this delay?, what happens if the LM guard decides to challenge that on his train and candelas additional payment because I'm not travelling on the booked train my ticket says I should be on?!?
Anyone who has any information that could help me out I would be very grateful!.