• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Experiences & impressions of Class 385s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed43125

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2019
Messages
1,172
Location
Dunblane
Moderator note: Split from https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...to-scotrail-train-faults.193076/#post-4232438

Speaking for myself, this week I travelled from Dunblane to Glasgow and back on 385s

How do you find the condition of those trains? I find the oldest of those are starting to suffer from lack of cleanliness/Maintenance ( the 385/1s with no exterior banner above the window lining for First class are the oldest 4 cars).
And everyone I've been on in the last month or so has had a dirty fold-down table where I was sitting.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotrail158713

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2019
Messages
1,826
Location
Dundee
I have to say the ones I’ve travelled on are all still fairly clean. I only ever use them Prestonpans to Edinburgh though.
It was a noticeable difference to the manly 320 I was on when I went to Hampden Park a few weeks ago.
 

Kingspanner

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2019
Messages
328
Location
Dinsdale
Had a ride on a couple on Saturday, Stirling to Dunblane and back. Clean, bright, quiet, fast.
Can't say that for the Pacers I usually endure, or actually the 158s which are rapidly replacing them on Teesside.
 

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,324
Location
Glasgow
Moderator note: Split from https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...to-scotrail-train-faults.193076/#post-4232438



How do you find the condition of those trains? I find the oldest of those are starting to suffer from lack of cleanliness/Maintenance ( the 385/1s with no exterior banner above the window lining for First class are the oldest 4 cars).
And everyone I've been on in the last month or so has had a dirty fold-down table where I was sitting.

I find the carpets suffer from ingrained dirt, but otherwise provided the cleaners get the chance to tidy them during the day at some point they are quite clean in general. Perhaps the issues are with built-up rubbish during a days service.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top