• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exmouth instead of Honiton

Status
Not open for further replies.

piccadilly

Member
Joined
21 Apr 2017
Messages
175
Good Afternoon,

I have an open return ticket to Honiton from Warrington.

It is actually more convenient this time to return to Exmouth.

Is it possible to use this ticket, to or do I need to buy a single ticket from Exeter to Exmouth?

Kind Regards and Thank You for your help.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Benjwri

Established Member
Joined
16 Jan 2022
Messages
3,325
Location
London
You can’t travel to Exmouth with this ticket alone. The simplest option will probably be just to buy another ticket from Exeter as you say.

It’s also possible a ticket office might excess this for you (I’m not 100% sure if this falls within the rules of change of destination though, someone else might know?). However it’s a zero fare excess, which they don’t tend to like doing, and in theory would limit you to routes via Bristol, so you couldn’t go via London, which might not suit your needs?
 

piccadilly

Member
Joined
21 Apr 2017
Messages
175
Thank You for your prompt reply.

I think the simplest method is to buy another ticket.

I may have a disabled person travelling with me so I can’t take any risks!

Regards,
 

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,292
@piccadilly. Do you already have a valid return ticket and accompanying itinerary from Warrington C/BQ, travelling back to Honiton (via Exeter St. Davids)? If so, reckon you just need an additional ticket (to Exmouth) from Exeter Central or from St. James Park, Exeter, if the train onward to Exmouth stops there.

If, however, you'll instead be passing through Yeovil Junction / Crewkerne on your way to Honiton, your existing ticket's validity ends at Honiton, so if you're travelling that alternative way, you'll instead likely need an additional ticket from Honiton to Exmouth.
 

piccadilly

Member
Joined
21 Apr 2017
Messages
175
Thanks,

The ticket I have is from WBQ to Honiton via Birmingham so changing at EXSD.

Easier just to buy a single ticket?

Also, I have just seem there may be delays on the route due to industrial action - but will have to take the risk on that one!

Regards,
 

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,292
The ticket I have is from WBQ to Honiton via Birmingham so changing at EXSD.

Easier just to buy a single ticket?
£6.50 Anytime Day Single, Exeter St. Davids to Exmouth, should suffice. Unless anyone has a better / more elegant, and still straightforward solution.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top