• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exiting Waterloo East via Southwark station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeeeeee

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2018
Messages
5
Hi everyone,

I am shortly moving house, and will be commuting into Waterloo East.

The quickest way to walk from there to / from my office would be to exit via Southwark underground station, but to do this I would need to pass in and out of the London Underground barriers.

For my main commute (Kent village to Waterloo) I plan on buying advance tickets with a barcode, and these won’t open the underground barriers.

My questions are - if I tap in and out of the Southwark barriers using a contactless card or Oyster card, will I be charged anything for doing so? And would I be breaking any rules?

I can see the TFL website says they’ll typically refund same station tap ins if they happen less than once per week, but I’ll be commuting three times a week on average.

Many thanks for any advice!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
3,399
Location
Bedford

Joeeeeee

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2018
Messages
5
Per https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/tfl-contactless-enter-exit-same-station.247653/#post-6199727 (but I've done this significantly more recently and can verify!) - there is a special zero-fare set up between the two sets of LU gatelines at Southwark, just touch in/out with the same Oyster or contactless payment card. You do not need to have used that card to exit Waterloo East on the previous (NR) gateline.
Amazing - thanks so much for the help and speedy reply!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top