• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exeter to London 22/12/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allic

Guest
Hi

I would like some advice on the cheapest way to travel this journey. Details as follows:

Outgoing
Travel date: 22nd December
Travellers: 3 adults 2 children - 1 adult is a uni student
Railcards: Friends and family railcard

Returning back
Travel date: 22nd December
Travellers: 4 adults 2 children - extra traveller is my daughter returning home from uni for christmas
Railcards: Friends and family railcard

I can travel either from Exeter St Davids > Paddington or Pinhoe > Waterloo. I am flexible with train times, but I need to be in Central London by 2.30pm at the latest. I can return any time after 7.30pm

Thanks for your help with this.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
7 Oct 2012
Messages
8
Location
Exeter
I think the best way to do this is to travel Exeter St Davids - London Paddington as there are more regular trains.

You could get the 11:40 EXD - PAD which gets you into Paddington at 13:46
For this train, get a Super Off Peak Single for 3 Adults and 2 Children which will cost £101.50

Then on the way back you could get the 20:06 PAD - EXD and you could get an advance single for 4 Adults and 2 Children for £48.30

Overall costing £149.80 Obviously these prices are using your Family and friends Railcard

I think this is is the cheapest way to do it but someone may be able to prove me wrong!

Hope this helps :)
 
Last edited:

soil

Established Member
Joined
28 May 2012
Messages
2,311
Unfortunately FGW don't do much in the way of day return fares, even splitting en route, so the super-off-peak return, or super-off-peak single + advance singles, or advance singles will be your best bets depending on price/flexibility.
 

kieron

Established Member
Joined
22 Mar 2012
Messages
3,287
Location
Connah's Quay
I think the best way to do this is to travel Exeter St Davids - London Paddington as there are more regular trains.

You could get the 11:40 EXD - PAD which gets you into Paddington at 13:46
For this train, get a Super Off Peak Single for 3 Adults and 2 Children which will cost £101.50
NRE suggest GroupSave for this leg at £87 total (2 adult, 2 "free" adult and 1 £1 child tickets). It's no available for Advance tickets.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top