• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exeter St Davids [EXD] to Sheffield [SHF] on 02/10/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBroccoli

Member
Joined
22 Jun 2010
Messages
31
Dear All,

Wonder if people can do any better. I need to get from Exeter St Davids to Sheffield on the 2nd October , preferably after 12pm, on any route. Here my two best so far:

EXD-Bristol Parkway [BPW] @ 13:24 = £5.30 (14:39)
BPW-Birmingham New Street [BHM] @ 14:40 = £9.55 (15:56)
BHM-Derby [DBY] @ 16:03 = £8.25 (16:41)
DBY-SHF @ 17:18 = £5.30 (17:52)
£28.40
----
EXD-Bristol Temple Meads [BRI] @ 12:23 = £6.60 (13:24)
BRI-DBY @ 13:30 = £12.55 (15:39)
DBY-SHF @ 15:44 = £7.05 (16:17)
£26.20

Look forward to seeing some ideas.

Kind regards,
Alex
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2011
Messages
2,097
Those are very reasonable prices. I would book now before they sell out and go up - I doubt you can do much than a couple of pounds cheaper.
 

David Goddard

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2011
Messages
1,515
Location
Ely
Looks quite good to me. Try with splits at Cheltenham as well. Don't know for sure but it does work on some tickets on this route.
 

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,851
Looks quite good to me. Try with splits at Cheltenham as well. Don't know for sure but it does work on some tickets on this route.

It does, but doing Bristol Pwy to Birmingham at £9.55 or onto Derby for £12.55 is likely to be unbeatable in this case I think. If it was pricier, I'd say investigate Cheltenham splits, but I can't see you getting an cheaper than that.

If you were wondering, the option you've chosen departing Exeter at 13:24 is a HST, if that bothered you.

Side note: Are those prices with railcards? I haven't checked them myself, but doing this journey semi-regularly, I think £6.25 EXD - BRI is the least I've paid with a railcard, so as has been said, book it up! :)
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,467
A reminder about the forum rules on CRS codes that one should explain them on first use and make sure you use the correct ones please.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top