Hi all,
I could do with some input from the fare experts on the forum – thanks in advance!
I'm holding a pair of two Advance tickets, bought through the same transaction, to travel from Wivenhoe to Kenilworth and back. Outbound and inbound are on separate but consecutive days. Outbound is routed via an Avanti train from Euston, inbound via a Chiltern train from Leamington.
My plans have changed and I now need more flexibility, intending to travel with either a Super Off-Peak Return via Banbury (restriction PU) or an Off-Peak Return via London (restriction 9I). I went to my local ticket office to ask for an exchange, but was informed that they could only exchange each Advance ticket to a Single. This would have been more expensive than buying respective (Super) Off-Peak Return and binning the Advances, so I did not proceed.
Have I been advised correctly or should I have been able to exchange the pair of Advances to a more flexible Return?
I could do with some input from the fare experts on the forum – thanks in advance!
I'm holding a pair of two Advance tickets, bought through the same transaction, to travel from Wivenhoe to Kenilworth and back. Outbound and inbound are on separate but consecutive days. Outbound is routed via an Avanti train from Euston, inbound via a Chiltern train from Leamington.
My plans have changed and I now need more flexibility, intending to travel with either a Super Off-Peak Return via Banbury (restriction PU) or an Off-Peak Return via London (restriction 9I). I went to my local ticket office to ask for an exchange, but was informed that they could only exchange each Advance ticket to a Single. This would have been more expensive than buying respective (Super) Off-Peak Return and binning the Advances, so I did not proceed.
Have I been advised correctly or should I have been able to exchange the pair of Advances to a more flexible Return?