NormalPerson7
Member
With tonight's disruption between Hooton and Chester resulting in severe delays on the Chester line, and with Merseyrail seemingly not arranging ticket acceptance with TfW, I thought I would try getting the ticket office at Lime Street to excess my anytime return from Chester to Liverpool route via Birkenhead to be valid via Runcorn.
According to brfares the prices (since 2/3/2025) are
via Birkenhead £9.45
via Runcorn £9.50.
The ticket office refused, and just said I should ask the TfW guard before boarding, which is normally reasonable advice. But am I right in thinking the ticket office at Lime Street should be able to issue this as a 1-direction excess for the princely sum of three pence?
Would a TfW guard be able to issue this? In the end I decided to travel via Hooton (not that it was any quicker) as I didn't fancy testing this without being certain I know what I'm doing.
According to brfares the prices (since 2/3/2025) are
via Birkenhead £9.45
via Runcorn £9.50.
The ticket office refused, and just said I should ask the TfW guard before boarding, which is normally reasonable advice. But am I right in thinking the ticket office at Lime Street should be able to issue this as a 1-direction excess for the princely sum of three pence?
Would a TfW guard be able to issue this? In the end I decided to travel via Hooton (not that it was any quicker) as I didn't fancy testing this without being certain I know what I'm doing.