• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Excess a return to an outboundary travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rratgerg

Member
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
33
Hello

I bought a super off peak return from Guildford to Shepherds Bush.

During the journey plans changed.

At Shepherds Bush I asked if I could excess the fare to obtain a Guildford - Z1-6 travelcard and I was told I could not.

Was this correct?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
Yes, you can not excess to or from a Travelcard. (You can excess the non-Travelcard portion of an out-boundary ticket)
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
I believe the ticket office is correct in this instance.
 

furlong

Established Member
Joined
28 Mar 2013
Messages
5,320
Location
Reading
Hello

I bought a super off peak return from Guildford to Shepherds Bush.

During the journey plans changed.

At Shepherds Bush I asked if I could excess the fare to obtain a Guildford - Z1-6 travelcard and I was told I could not.

Was this correct?

Yes, because you could have bought the travelcard from Guildford instead of the ticket you did buy, so you have no entitlement to be able to change your ticket like that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top