Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Below Matalan Store etc - along side the wall? I understand its another location in connection with the re-signalling scheme to Weaver Junction but could be wrong - probably I am. At Speke Junction which is the main base for the resignalling scheme, new roads, car park, two storey portacabins, palasade fencing, electricity and tele communications have all been put in (& still on going) with a nice "Buckinghams" sign near to the main gate. As far as I can gather, it is "Siemens" who are providing the goods for the resignalling scheme.
I thought it was something to do with the impending closure of Lime Street station later this year, and where rail replaced coaches would be stabled.
However, I heard from a bloke working for Northern just before Christmas is that there may not be a nine 9 day closure due to logistical problems, and would be doing it on a bit by bit basis instead.
Passed Edge Hill yesterday, it is definitely a work compound for Buckingham's - their sign has been put up by the white portacabins. Also when arrived in Lime Street Station, the old RM Sorting facility building is now getting dismantled.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.