• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exam stress tackled by bubble wrap ('tension sheets'?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,440
Location
Yorkshire
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27469803

Exam stress tackled by bubble wrap and puppies

University students have ordered hundreds of metres of bubble wrap to burst as a way of relieving exam stress.

The University of Leicester students' union is planning "bubble wrap stations" where students can relax by popping the packaging material....

Michael Rubin, president elect of the students' union, said "mental well-being is a top priority" during exams.

The students claim that the instant gratification of popping bubble wrap is a better relaxant than meditation or yoga....
Perhaps someone should produce red bubble wrap, and name them "tension sheets"?! Could be a good way to make plenty of cash ;):lol:

screen480x480.jpeg
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tracked

Established Member
Joined
30 May 2011
Messages
1,342
Location
53.5440°N 1.1510°W
Bubble wrap and puppies, they should keep them seperated or it'll get messy ...

tried to think of appropriate station, only get Poppleton :)
 

Searle

Established Member
Joined
4 May 2012
Messages
1,580
Location
Ladbroke Grove
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11185651._Puppy_room__at_York_university_to_relieve_students__exam_stress/

A little bit closer to home, this was reported a couple of weeks back. Haven't heard any more about it though after that :(
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
It's 11 years since I last crossed swords with the education system but for me, stress relief was 2 mates who left a year ahead of me and had a flat with a big telly, hifi and a well stocked fridge! Agree though, a pop or 2 does help!

As to a station, Poplar on the DLR?
 

user15681

Established Member
Joined
3 Jun 2012
Messages
1,354
I wonder if it actually works or whether it's a placebo - i.e people expecting to be relieved of stress and the expectation alone de-stresses them and not the bubble wrap.

As for the tension sheets... :lol:
 

overtonchris

Member
Joined
14 Apr 2013
Messages
225
Eeeeeeeh. Things HAVE changed!!! Friendly girls and good beer worked OK for me....though not much cop for revising!

....Saying that, those bubbly things are a bit addictive and satisfying.....Mmmm....think I'll now buy something delicate from e-bay.....:D
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
I have just remembered where I have seen this before - the uni I studied at sent perspective students a "Tension Sheet" for the summer (and exam time) prior. I just been reminded as I have seen a Facebook status mentioning that this years' new starters have got the same
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top