• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ex-GWR mark 3s in Norwich Crown Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebor79

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
4,911
Spotted a couple of rakes of GWR liveried but debranded coaches yesterday. Does anyone know what they are doing there?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,642
Location
Hampshire
Spotted a couple of rakes of GWR liveried but debranded coaches yesterday. Does anyone know what they are doing there?
They will be for Romic and I believe on their way from Ely to Great Yarmouth, stopping over in Crown Point.
 

trebor79

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
4,911
Strange to stop over in CP. It's already most of the way from Ely to Yarmouth, which isn't very far anyway. I can't imagine it's difficult to find a path for it to have been done in one move and avoid shunting into CP.
 

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,854
Strange to stop over in CP. It's already most of the way from Ely to Yarmouth, which isn't very far anyway. I can't imagine it's difficult to find a path for it to have been done in one move and avoid shunting into CP.
It might be more to do with space (or lack thereof) at Yarmouth.
 

trebor79

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2018
Messages
4,911
Oh yes, I hadn't thought of that!
Also it looked like the "new" sidings at Ely have all been removed last time I was passing. Lots of road rail equipment there and I'm certain the curve to the sidings was lifted.
 

Teds

Member
Joined
14 Nov 2023
Messages
104
Location
Cambridgeshire
Oh yes, I hadn't thought of that!
Also it looked like the "new" sidings at Ely have all been removed last time I was passing. Lots of road rail equipment there and I'm certain the curve to the sidings was lifted.
The new sidings are still there. The vehicles stored on them are hidden from the line. There is a U-shaped link from the junction with the main line. I had a very quick look this evening. There are 180's there and also a 175 is visible. The new road rail depot is between the green area and the main line next to the aggregates terminal.
A further 10 mk3s headed to Great Yarmouth this evening
.https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:K16181/2024-07-24/detailed 1721852377670.png
 

T74

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2019
Messages
79
Is the ex gwr mk3s that was moved yesterday the ones that was at the Appleby and frodingham railway ,44059 ,42504, 42511
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top