Good morning folks,
Im looking for some info on the relevant qualifications needed for a foot in the door to rolling stock maintenance, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
I have a L2 NVQ in aircraft maintenance and since leaving service have gained L2 in rail track engineering, PTS and various other industry specific competencies.
Applications have been made for vacancies within rolling stock maintenance but to no avail.
I have found that a firm Called CTP provide this course- EAL L3 Certificate in Traction & Rolling Stock Systems it is accredited by National Training Academy for Rail (NTAR), which is a partnership between the National Skills Academy for Rail, the Government and Siemens.
The course costs £2800 so would be nice to know whether its actually an use!
Thanks.
Im looking for some info on the relevant qualifications needed for a foot in the door to rolling stock maintenance, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
I have a L2 NVQ in aircraft maintenance and since leaving service have gained L2 in rail track engineering, PTS and various other industry specific competencies.
Applications have been made for vacancies within rolling stock maintenance but to no avail.
I have found that a firm Called CTP provide this course- EAL L3 Certificate in Traction & Rolling Stock Systems it is accredited by National Training Academy for Rail (NTAR), which is a partnership between the National Skills Academy for Rail, the Government and Siemens.
The course costs £2800 so would be nice to know whether its actually an use!
Thanks.