Sir Hateley
Member
- Joined
- 21 Jul 2019
- Messages
- 16
That’s a pretty good scheme, I take it that’s a 6% employee contribution?It's a 1/40th and can transfer in.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Thanks for the info but I meant the railway pension scheme, sorry for any confusion.Sir Hateley
There are three different police pensions - the 1987 scheme (that I was in), the 2006 scheme and more recently the 2015 scheme.
The 1987 30 years service pension scheme is the best one - this was originally based on officers contributing 11% of their salary, but this was increased following the Winsor review to around 13-14%. The officers on the 2006 scheme originally contributed about 9% of salary as this was based on a 35 year pension, but again this was increased.
I think the biggest bug bear of all cops were that they were paying more into the pensions but not getting out the same 'rewards' as a cop who has recently retired. I am not 100% sure of whether the police pension arbitration process has ever been resolved. Maybe someone can answer this question?
CJ