• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Everything's gone Pete Tong at Southampton today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drsatan

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
1,887
Location
Land of the Sprinters
Today, I got the 12:50 service from Romsey to Southampton Central, which was running 10 minutes late and was a 3-car 158. When I arrived at Southampton Central, I discovered that all electric services to Portsmouth Harbour (this means, Southern services to Victoria and Brighton, along with stoppers to Portsmouth & Southsea) and Weymouth had been canceled due to problems with the electricity supply. Bus replacement services were running to Portsmouth and Weymouth, from what I observed.

I'm surprised that SWT was able to organise replacement buses at short notice, although if you were a passenger traveling with lots of luggage you'd be pretty despondent to be placed onto a bus with not much luggage space.

Was anyone else caught up in this today?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SWT Driver

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2009
Messages
777
Location
The Twiglet Zone.
The juice rail was heavily iced, the Kraut Krap doesn't like anything but smooth juice to run on, I think the only ones across there (CSA-FRM) were FGW & the 0500 ex PMH - BSK via ESL all of course being diesel units.

I imagine things actually got a little heated as the Netley road services regularly carry up to 20 bikes (2 wheeled menaces) in the AM peak.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top