• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Evening Return - Island Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,567
Hi All, I have just been looking up fares for the journey Shanklin to Ryde Esplanade using my copy of Avantix Traveller NFM6, I have found that the Evening Return priced at £2.40 for one adult with no railcards has no restrictions attached to it.

So am I right in saying that this ticket can be used at any time?

Here is a screenshot of the interface showing the fare:
Untitled.jpg


Hope you can help!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
Joined
9 Aug 2008
Messages
2,731
It does say it has a restriction, it just doesn't tell you what it is. Merseyrail off peak fares have the same problem (code Y7).

The restriction code is FT.

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/promotions.aspx#56098

Evening Return
Available for travel after 1800 daily for travel between Ryde Esplanade and Shanklin, priced at £2.40 Adult and £1.20 Child. Railcard discounts do not apply.

Think about it though, 'Evening Return', did you really believe it was valid all day or are you hoping that someone here would say it's a loophole and should be exploited?
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,567
No, I didn't believe that it would be valid all day, I wanted to know if it was a loophole
because the restriction was not on the system & if I purchased it at my station it may not appear on the system.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top