• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston to New Beckenham to Central London

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
1,432
Location
South Liverpool
Morning!

In a few weeks, I'm travelling from Liverpool to New Beckenham to referee a match. My train will arrive into Euston early on a Sunday morning. I then need to travel from Euston to New Beckenham.
After the match, I'll be meeting some friends in Central London for a meal (but I don't know where!) before returning to Euston for the train home.

Basically, can I use my Oyster card for the entire journey and do we have a rugh guess at how much it'll cost?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,194
Location
0035

Daniel

Established Member
Joined
5 Oct 2005
Messages
2,568
Location
London
All fares off peak as it's Sunday.


Euston [LUL] to Beckenham Junction
£3.40

Beckenham Junction to [Misc. Zone 1]
£3.40

[Misc. Zone 1] to Euston [LUL]
£1.80


Total fare:
£9.40


Zones 1-4
Off-Peak Zones 1-4 Price Cap
Total Fare: £6.40
 
Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,194
Location
0035
If the OP has a Railcard loaded onto his Oyster he should be capped at £4.15 for Zones 1-4.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's a Sunday, so off-peak. I can travel with Virgin for free, so the ticket would be 1072 to NBC
A ticket from 1072 to NBC would only get you from valid Southern region terminals to New Beckenham and not from Euston.
 

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
1,432
Location
South Liverpool
Thanks guys, just so I know what to claim back from The FA :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Folks, slight problem with the original plan...

It's a Sunday, and Britain doesn't really wake up til lunchtime on a Sunday. As such, the earliest arrival into London from Liverpool is after 11am (kick off time)

Can anyone find anyway of me getting into London by 9:30am? 10am at the absolute latest. I don't care how complicated it is!

Your help, as always, is invaluable :)
 

mathmo

Member
Joined
28 Nov 2008
Messages
338
Folks, slight problem with the original plan...

It's a Sunday, and Britain doesn't really wake up til lunchtime on a Sunday. As such, the earliest arrival into London from Liverpool is after 11am (kick off time)

Can anyone find anyway of me getting into London by 9:30am? 10am at the absolute latest. I don't care how complicated it is!

Your help, as always, is invaluable :)

Looking at 12th September as an example, the only way I can see is a coach from Liverpool leaving at 11.40pm on Saturday night, getting in at 6.20am on Sunday. There are no trains arriving sufficiently early and I don't expect there to be any. Getting to London by 10am say would require a fast train from Liverpool at 8am or a slow train even earlier and there would just be no demand.
 

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
15 Jun 2010
Messages
8,583
Location
Crayford
Chris,

1) You really need to tell us which Sunday to offer the correct advice.
2) However, it's looking grim. I think you need to find a b&b nearby and arrive on Saturday evening. At least stop somewhere near to London so you have less distance to cover on Sunday.
3) If it's 19th September then you're doubly screwed as the line through New Beckenham is closed all day.
 

b0b

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
1,371
The furthest north I can see you can start your journey would be Northampton, fancy spending a night there? :lol:

edit: or Bicester North...
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Can you claim for flying? Or does it have to be by the cheapest way possible?
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,293
If you can get to Derby for 0650 or 0752 getting into St Pancras for 0916 and 1020 respectively then thats possible. One thing about EMT I love, their early Sunday MML trains :)
 

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,772
Location
Yorkshire
If you can get to Derby for 0650 or 0752 getting into St Pancras for 0916 and 1020 respectively then thats possible. One thing about EMT I love, their early Sunday MML trains :)

Or a 0430 Megabus from Manchester, taking 4 hours but only costing £8. Not quite sure how you'd get into Manchester unless you fancy waiting around from 0039 when the last train arrives.
 

tony_mac

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2009
Messages
3,626
Location
Liverpool
there is the overnight National Express coach from Liverpool, 23:40 - 6:20.

if you need a cheap room in London, the university halls are mostly still available. e.g. the LSE in Holborn is £30 with continental breakfast.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top