• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston-Manchester-Cleethorpes-Sheffield-St Pancras day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
Joined
6 Oct 2011
Messages
1,116
I am thinking of doing a Euston-Manchester-Cleethorpes-Sheffield-St Pancras day out, but am well aware of the risk of cancellations on Avanti and Transpennine Express, so is there a big chance that if get to Manchester in reasonable time, and head for Cleethorpes, that the Cleethorpes service is cancelled or cancelled during the journey?.

Is it a silly Idea in the current circumstances to try a day out like this? Am I likely to end up having to revise the trip during the day, end up with more headaches than worth it? Thanks for any advice and experiences given.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Turbo004

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2017
Messages
236
I did an ambitious Chester - Doncaster - London St Pancras - Camden Road - London Euston - Chester trip last Sunday. I deliberately set off a little early. There was one cancelled train and one slightly late train on the whole trip. I got back on time. I think if you plan to be slightly delayed during your trip and allow time for the things to go wrong you will be fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top