Having travelled on this train in the 1980's i was intrigued as to the route north of Carstairs.
Am I right to assume that the train diverted right at Law Junction to access Mossend Yard (where the Class 86 or Class 87) was replaced by a Class 47?
Also ,would the driver have changed at Mossend or continued with the new traction and for how far?
In addition, given that the train ran via Stirling and ultimately, Perth (around 04:00 from memory) would that have been via Garnqueen Junction and Cumbernauld or the circuitous route via Springburn and Lenzie - I cannot see if there is northbound access to the Springburn line on my Rail Atlas.
Why was the change made to re-route the train via Edinburgh?
Am I right to assume that the train diverted right at Law Junction to access Mossend Yard (where the Class 86 or Class 87) was replaced by a Class 47?
Also ,would the driver have changed at Mossend or continued with the new traction and for how far?
In addition, given that the train ran via Stirling and ultimately, Perth (around 04:00 from memory) would that have been via Garnqueen Junction and Cumbernauld or the circuitous route via Springburn and Lenzie - I cannot see if there is northbound access to the Springburn line on my Rail Atlas.
Why was the change made to re-route the train via Edinburgh?