• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurowings transfer at Cologne

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartmoss

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2010
Messages
1,048
Location
Leeds
Hello All,

I'm just after some advice, I've booked a Eurowings flight from Dresden to Manchester for January 2018. The flight is via Cologne with a change of aircraft. When I booked this, the transfer time was 90 minutes, however today Eurowings have emailed me with a changed flight time from Dresden to Cologne, giving me only a 45 minute transfer.

As I'll be going from Schengen to non-Schengen I'll have to go through passport control, and I'm worried that I'll now not make the connection. I've been to Cologne Airport before, and I know it's not huge, but if I miss the flight, are Eurowings liable? If they are liable, are they obliged to put me up for the night, as the next flight isn't until the day after?

Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing.

Cheers!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
3,466
Location
Llandudno
I would think that Eurowings are required to cover your expenses if the connection is not made
 

paddington

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2013
Messages
964
45 minutes is plenty of time at CGN if the first flight keeps to schedule.

If the first flight is delayed, then you could be proactive and search for alternatives and ask to be put on them instead.

If you don't make the second flight because of a delay then yes, they are obliged to put you on the next flight and get you a hotel room, what I don't know is whether they will make you pay for it and claim back, or whether they will sort everything out and you won't need to pay up front. This is called "duty of care".

If the delay is the airline's fault then you will probably also be entitled to EC261 compensation (I believe 250 euros in this case) which is why they would consider rerouting you if they can forsee you will be delayed.

Compensation is not payable if the delay is caused by weather, but duty of care always applies.
 

p.d87

Member
Joined
18 May 2010
Messages
195
I flew eurowings on 19th August from Edinburgh to Gran canaria via Cologne. I had 1hr 15mins transfer but he first leg was 2 hours delayed and I missed the connection. Resulting hotel and flight following day. I transferred via passport control in around 35 mins if not quicker. Claim has been sent to eurowings for compensation as the delayed me more than 3 hours. Awaiting their reply and hopefully some form of refund
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top