• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar connection from Luton Airport Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffa

Member
Joined
4 Nov 2010
Messages
52
Hi, we are travelling on the Eurostar to Paris at 07:22 on 10th May. We live near Market Harborough so were going to get the train to Luton Airport Parkway on the 9th, stay in a hotel there and then get on the Eurostar early the next day so we can get to St Pancras in time. There are no trains that get in early enough to get to St Pancras and on the Eurostar on the morning of the 9th.

I have had a look and it looks like the Eurostar return from Luton Airport Parkway is to London International (CIV) is £14 - when a standard single is £9.40 to London St Pancras. Why is the fare to CIV more expensive than it would cost a passenger who was not going on the Eurostar? If I buy the cheaper usual fare then I don't think I will be covered if I miss my connection - is this correct?

Also I was thinking of driving down to Luton and parking up there rather than getting the train. This is because I can't think of a cheap way of getting to London on the train - A single from Market Harborough to Luton Airport Parkway is £24.80. I only need single tickets to get to London.

I hope all this makes sense and thank you for your help!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Goatboy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2011
Messages
2,274
Phone Eurostar who can sell you a Euro High Saver Single from Luton Airport Parkway to London Eurostar CIV (Not International) which is £4 as although you need arrive in London before 9am it's a Saturday.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,988
Location
Airedale
I have had a look and it looks like the Eurostar return from Luton Airport Parkway is to London International (CIV) is £14 - when a standard single is £9.40 to London St Pancras. Why is the fare to CIV more expensive than it would cost a passenger who was not going on the Eurostar?

It's because there are no time restrictions - it's priced the same as an Anytime single. The £9.40 is a Super Off-Peak fare valid at weekends.
However, Eurostar telesales will sell you a ticket to LONDON EUROSTAR at £7 (no restrictions) or £4 (offpeak) - as you are travelling on a Saturday the £$ variety will suit you fine.

(Beaten to it by Goatboy)


Also I was thinking of driving down to Luton and parking up there rather than getting the train. This is because I can't think of a cheap way of getting to London on the train - A single from Market Harborough to Luton Airport Parkway is £24.80. I only need single tickets to get to London.

There are cheap Advance tickets to and from London on your line, so you could technically get an Advance to London and then come back out to Luton, but I doubt you'd save much.
 

redbutton

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2013
Messages
461
Also it could be helpful to have the Eurostar or CIV ticket since that covers a missed connection if FCC drops the ball. I would want to have that protection if there were only one train that would get me to St Pancras in time, and a single delay would break the connection.

Also, it's cheaper. Win-win.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top