• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar Check-In gates with DB Online-Ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankZappa

Member
Joined
28 Dec 2015
Messages
6
Hi all,

I've booked my next Eurostar journey via bahn.de and are now wondering if the Eurostar gates are compatible with the Aztec code on the DB Online-Tickets by now (or if I need to go to the counter).

Does anyone have any recent experience?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
In 2013 I had to go to the counter. There was no problem, though. It was almost as quick as using the gates.
 
Joined
29 Aug 2012
Messages
472
I have done a return. In London I was told I did not have a ticket. In Brussels I was told I did not have a reservation. Perhaps it was the other way round. Thirty seconds later it was all resolved. I think they like you to panic. I just held my nerve. They must see hundred of these tickets. They should know what they are doing.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

atillathehunn

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2010
Messages
1,526
Location
NL
No they don't work on the gates. I think it even says that on the ticket. Go to the counter and they check you in manually. Takes about a minute.
 

duesselmartin

Established Member
Joined
18 Jan 2014
Messages
2,161
Location
Duisburg, Germany
I had no difficulty going to the counter, and all my journey were fine. This year I booked with SNCB Düsseldorf-London and I got two tickets and one inertary. Thaly to Brussels, and a seperate ticket to scan at the gate for Eurostar.
 

317666

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2009
Messages
1,775
Location
East Anglia
Back in 2013, me and a friend had a DB ticket trying to check in at Brussels. There was a huge queue and somebody decided to barge in front of us. The bloke on the Business Premier desk saw this, called us over and let us check in that way, overtaking a considerable number of people as a result!
 

Goldfish62

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Feb 2010
Messages
13,227
I've never had any problems using DB print-at-home tickets on Eurostar.

The anomaly of course is that there are no names printed on the ticket to match up with a passport. The last time I checked in at Brussels there were four of us on the same ticket. British border staff simply stamped the ticket four times!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top