• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar and National Rail connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

penaltyfines

Member
Joined
4 Sep 2010
Messages
298
Stricly speaking, if a Eurostar train it late and I miss a train booked on an Advance fare, a new ticket needs to be purchased. That said, anyone with experience of FGW, how religiously is that enforced / discretion leniency used? i.e. if I was to speak to the guard before joining the train (this would be a late night/off-peak departure) would they ever let me join?

Also, if I buy a London International - Reading ticket, then an advanced ticket from Reading onwards to my destination, does that give me any better coverage, or would I need to get a EOS/EVS ticket all the way?

Out of interest - are EOS/EVS tickets walk-up, i.e. can you buy them at St Pancras for immediate onward travel?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,516
Location
Yorkshire
Also, if I buy a London International - Reading ticket, then an advanced ticket from Reading onwards to my destination, does that give me any better coverage, or would I need to get a EOS/EVS ticket all the way?
Buy from London International and you are 100% covered. If anyone says you're not, let us know.
 

penaltyfines

Member
Joined
4 Sep 2010
Messages
298
Buy from London International and you are 100% covered. If anyone says you're not, let us know.

Ultimately I'll be going to Bristol Temple Meads. Do you mean I need to buy a EOS/EVS LNE>BRI? or just LNE>RDG then free to buy an Advance from RDG>BRI ?

I want the flexibility of getting a later train if the Eurostar is delayed, with the value of the Advance fares... if possible!
 
Last edited:

First class

Established Member
Joined
9 Aug 2008
Messages
2,731
There are advance tickets from Bristol TM to London International if you go via Salisbury and includes cross London transfer to St. Pancras.
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
Tickets from London International are indeed allowed on later services if the Eurostar is late arriving.

There are 'walk-up' tickets between London International and Bristol (and vice versa) routed via Warminster/Salisbury aswell as 'any permitted', but Apex fares are via Salisbury only.

Apex fares have a seven day booking deadline.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top