• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

European Passenger survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
There was an article in an online rail tech magazine, saying that a European survey of ranked the UK as second for passenger satisfaction, which I thought was interesting. I noticed some thing similar on some rail posters I ahve seen in SWT land too.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2006
Messages
6,727
Location
Milton Keynes
I've seen that too, I think it's probably due to expectations. British passengers expect the worst and are pleasantly surprised (often) whereas German (for instance) passengers expect the earth and are often disappointed. Sometimes my Statistics degree comes in handy :)
 

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2006
Messages
6,727
Location
Milton Keynes
Although Britons may be impressed by high speed rail services when they travel abroad, such as the French TGV, the findings suggest that local trains on the continent leave more to be desired.

IME German Local trains are more reliable that high speed services
 

Bungle73

On Moderation
Joined
19 Aug 2011
Messages
3,216
Location
Kent
More information can be found at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...441/British-trains-among-best-in-Europe.html#!

I didn't see any of this report in the main papers!

What's the Telegraph if it isn't a "main paper"?

A lot of the media only seem interested in reporting negative stories about the railway, even dating back to the APT which they were keen to stick the boot in, even when the project was still under development and had some issues that needed ironing out.

Even the BBC are at it. They seem more keen of focusing on the disruption cause the the temporary closure of Gravesend station, rather than the improvements being made.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top