The last two years we've travelled from Interlaken to Cologne on EC trains along the Rhine. One year we changed at Basel into the EC train that starts at Interlaken, the other we had a break at Basel and changed into another EC to Cologne.
I very much enjoyed the trundle along the line, rather than a high speed line.
I'm working out our itinerary for June this year and can't find any EC trains on the online planners.
There is a direct train from Interlaken to Cologne at about the same time, an hour or so quicker than it used to be, but ICE and via Frankfurt Airport.
Do the loco hauled EC trains still run along the Rhine or is it all ICE via Frankfurt now?
I very much enjoyed the trundle along the line, rather than a high speed line.
I'm working out our itinerary for June this year and can't find any EC trains on the online planners.
There is a direct train from Interlaken to Cologne at about the same time, an hour or so quicker than it used to be, but ICE and via Frankfurt Airport.
Do the loco hauled EC trains still run along the Rhine or is it all ICE via Frankfurt now?