ThameslinkUser
Member
FOI TfL, the DfT, and DOHL TOCs that are affected (e.g. SE Trains) if you're so confident.I'd strongly suggest the delay has nothing to do with the TOCs involved.
FOI TfL, the DfT, and DOHL TOCs that are affected (e.g. SE Trains) if you're so confident.I'd strongly suggest the delay has nothing to do with the TOCs involved.
https://www.paragon-id.com/en/paragon-id-revolutionises-the-production-of-the-iconic-uk-rail-ticket
RDG themselves state that they’re environmentally friendly.![]()
Very hard to tell some days(for folks whose sarcasm detectors were broken when reading my earlier post,)
I'm not sure that they're in use to be honest.Does that mean they're in fact recyclable, given that page doesn't actually use that word anywhere? It sounds like to me that it only means that the manufacturing process is more environmentally friendly that the old one.
Actually that makes me wonder - does PRT use bisphenol A (BPA)?I was under the impression thermal paper, like those in PRTs, weren't widely recycled either.
BPA was banned for receipts in the UK and EU in Jan 2020, I thought? I'd assume PRTs would have to be included in that ban as they're used for receipts for many sales too.Actually that makes me wonder - does PRT use bisphenol A (BPA)?
If that's an issue it must apply equally to CCST, which also uses thermal printing.I was under the impression thermal paper, like those in PRTs, weren't widely recycled either.
Indeed.If that's an issue it must apply equally to CCST, which also uses thermal printing.
Any non-recyclable tickets that have already been produced will not be able to be recycled whether they're now used or not, so that's a non-issue. If the new ones can be recycled then that's another unsuccessful attempt to answer Watershed's quite reasonable question, namely why are passengers being asked to put up with inferior ticket stock?Knowing the sort of stock levels that were held in stations, I don't think that can be taken to mean that every CCST ticket is now recyclable. I remember reading about the trial of these new water-based tickets but wasn't aware they had become mainstream or when that happened.
Let's be real. It's the Aztec barcodes.namely why are passengers being asked to put up with inferior ticket stock?
You may think that.I think we all understand that it's not up to us and we must, to a very great extent, put up with whatever we're given.
CCST is definitely not recyclable regardless, due to the magstripe on the back. I'm instead just building up a collection which is growing (though much less quickly than when I lived in England and Scotland!)If that's an issue it must apply equally to CCST, which also uses thermal printing.
The entire point was that, if the water-based solvent was used for the magstripe, it could potentially be recyclable, but thermal printing may have ruled that out too.CCST is definitely not recyclable regardless, due to the magstripe on the back. I'm instead just building up a collection which is growing (though much less quickly than when I lived in England and Scotland!)