• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eric Lomax - The Railway Man (BBC Radio 4 Extra)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

On Moderation
Joined
16 Aug 2011
Messages
710
Location
Bamber Bridge
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008jf5v

BBC Radio 4 Extra are currently broadcasting the book 'The Railway Man', an autobiography written by Eric Lomax of his life as a prisoner of war and railway enthusiast in WWII.

I just happened to stumble across episode 2 earlier on the radio and had to listen to the first episode too. What an excellent listen. I've bookmarked the webpage and look forward to the rest of the series.

It's well worth a listen and although I'm not usually a reader of books I think I'm going to get a copy to read myself.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Condor7

Member
Joined
13 Jul 2012
Messages
1,083
Location
Penrith
A fantastic book, much better than the film.
Very moving, some parts showing man's inhumanity to man were very difficult to read.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top