• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Epping & Ongar Railway Diesel Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,940
Location
Fenny Stratford
Had a really fun day out at the Epping and Ongar Diesel Gala today. Interesting mix of traction:

37029
47635 'Jimmy Milne'
33202 'Dennis G Robinson'
08836 (from FGW)
Class 14 D9539

Carries on into Sunday and well worth a trip out - You can also get a cab ride for £5 between North Weald and Ongar or Coopersale. This is on top of the £15 rover ticket.

I will do a trip report in due course. I hope if any other correspondents attend they had a good time
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
A good line up there it has to be said. I'm in Ireland so can't go over to the gala as much as that annoys me!
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,940
Location
Fenny Stratford
I forgot to mention the price of your ticket gives you a return journey on a vintage Routemaster bus to & from Epping Underground station - there are some buses from Shenfield as well
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I attended the event, the only thing that let it down was the timetable with its long festers at North Weald, which meant a round trip there took as long as one does at the NYMR which is 3x the length. I avoided them by not going to Epping Forest at all. Managed to scoop a bus in the book too, departed North Weald around the same time as the 08, and got to Ongar in plenty of time to photograph the 08 coming in. :P
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top