I remember seeing lines of locos stabled at various depots in the 70s and 80s and it still happens to a limited extent now. In some cases a loco could be stuck behind 10 others of the same class so all the others would have to move before it could be used.
What steps would be taken to ensure all the locos averaged the same mileage and loads over say a month. Or would for example all the class 20s stabled at Toton have at least one turn every day so there would be a natural change in stabling position every night (I appreciate some would be stabled overnight elsewhere)
What steps would be taken to ensure all the locos averaged the same mileage and loads over say a month. Or would for example all the class 20s stabled at Toton have at least one turn every day so there would be a natural change in stabling position every night (I appreciate some would be stabled overnight elsewhere)