• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Enphyte's Photos & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
Good day all! I've finally got round to creating a thread to post all my photos and videos from the railway.

I'll be posting my videos as links from my YouTube channel, which can be found below:
https://www.youtube.com/@Enphyte
I don't have a strict schedule, atleast not at the time of writing. Though if I get more footage I'll attempt to schedule it in some regular way.
You may notice there are some older videos, on Minecraft and such, on my channel. I did consider unlisting them but personally I still want them up. If you aren't interested, feel free to ignore them. As I post more train videos they'll start to hide from your recommendeds (hopefully).

I have only recently started train spotting as a hobby, so my first photos and videos may appear amateur, but I hope that doesn't take away from the enjoyment!
Any and all friendly comments welcome!

------------
Below are my first three train-related videos that I've posted to YouTube as of writing.

This video shows a Class 66 carrying some freight through Grays, managed to catch this before taking a train up to Stratford.

This video is my first proper "Trains at" video, at Stratford! The staff were very lovely and I managed to get 20 minutes of footage in the span of one and a half hours.

This video includes some highlights of my visit to Southend Pier, and some footage of the Southend Pier Railway. Definitely worth the sun-burn though (I didn't think to put suncream on, how daft!)

I hope to post some of my photos soon! I have just been on holiday and thus not been able to access my computer that has the images that I've touched up to look good. I am currently on my laptop posting this!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock

Attachments

  • .Capitalstar and Aventra.png
    .Capitalstar and Aventra.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
Leigh-on-Sea / 25 July 2025

I have just posted a trainspotting video from Leigh-on-Sea. Check it out!
Thumbnail isn't the greatest, as it seems I didn't get any photos from my visit that day, so I used a frame from the video instead.
 
Last edited:

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
Watford Junction / 13 August 2025

I have recently gone trainspotting on the London-section of the West Coast Main Line, and will be posting my photos and videos over the course of the next few days.
Firstly, here's a selection of photos that I took at Watford Junction. The weather was perfect: while it was still hot, the cloud cover meant the sun wasn't too harsh, and photos turned out well. :)
I have a YouTube trainspotting video scheduled for next Monday, which I will post when public, for now enjoy the photos here!

Here's 390157, as it arrives into Watford Junction. In the background, you can see a TfL Class 710, unfortunately I did not capture the unit number so I don't know which one specifically.
390157 at Watford Junction 13-August-2025 by enphyte, on Flickr

Here's 350256, if my memory serves me correctly, these 350/2 units will be withdrawn from LNR services, replacing them are the Class 730s from West Midlands Railway. Nice to capture them before they're all gone.
350256 at Watford Junction 13-August-2025 by enphyte, on Flickr

Speaking of, here is 730045 beside 350256. This transferred unit is still in WMR livery, it's only a matter of time before these are updated into the new (brilliant looking) LNR livery. I like this photo, it's sort of a comparison between the "Old" and the "New".
350256 & 730045 at Watford Junction 13-August-2025 by enphyte, on Flickr

Here's a lonely 66720, if my memory serves me right this loco was heading toward Marylebone, not entirely sure as to why. If anyone knows feel free to explain the comments! It was waiting at a signal for a Southern service to East Croydon to depart.
66720 at Watford Junction 13-August-2025 by enphyte, on Flickr

There's all the photos for today's post. I hope you enjoy them, if you have any tips or feedback for editing the photos please feel free to share them!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
South Kenton / 13th August 2025

Here are some more pictures from my day out on the WCML. This time at the wonderful South Kenton station. I really enjoyed my time here, when there were no trains all you could hear were the sounds of birds chirping and the leaves in the trees. Of course when a mainline train passed it was like a strike of thunder, it was a nice contrast! I hope to revisit this station again, and would highly recommend checking it out to other spotters, the station is quiet with only a handful of people on the platform at any given time. Not too isolated to feel eerie, but not too busy to get in the way of filming. You also get a great (mostly) unrestricted view of the WCML straight here and fast AWC trains reach 125mph here. Sometimes a Bakerloo or Lioness line train does block the view, but they don't come too often for it to be a problem.

Below is the Southern 377707 on its way to Watford Junction. I had seen this unit earlier in the day at Watford Junction.
377707 at South Kenton by enphyte, on Flickr

Here we have LU3250 '72 stock running toward Elephant & Castle. These trains are really showing their age, I really hope they can be replaced soon - but hopefully preserved nonetheless! On the platform there was a lot of vegetation, in one instance some vegetation was right infront of one of the open doors, very dilapidated indeed.
LU3250 Bakerloo at South Kenton by enphyte, on Flickr

Now this unit, LU3233, was definitely what I would consider dilapidated. The back-end of the train (as you can see) was very tired and weathered. This is my favourite photo from the day, the sharp contrast between the red of the train and the green of the trees and shrubs behind, with the cream white of the platform to boot! Certainly a good photo of mine. :)
LU3233 Bakerloo at South Kenton by enphyte, on Flickr
 

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
Watford Junction (continued) / 13th August 2025

I have a YouTube trainspotting video scheduled for next Monday, which I will post when public, for now enjoy the photos here!
Continuing on from the photos I posted last week, my trainspotting video from Watford Junction is now available on YouTube.
This was a successful day out at Watford Junction, saw plenty of units that I had never seen before in-person (as this was my first time on the WCML)! I also was fortunate to see the new Class 730 in LNR livery, which you can find in this video! In my opinion, I find the LNR livery to suit the 730s way better than the WMR one, it seems more smart with the LNR livery.

If you have any time or interest, I do hope you check the video out linked below :)
 

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
Finsbury Park, London Bridge & Brighton / 13th & 21st August 2025

It's been a good minute since I've posted on this thread, but don't worry as I have plenty to show. Some rail photography of course but also some lovely shots from Brighton & London Bridge station, which I've finally been able to tick off as a visited station!

Let's start with the Finsbury Park video, while I didn't have much time here at Finsbury Park, I somehow managed to capture every passenger operator out of London King's Cross (& Moorgate for Great Northern), including some units in special Pride liveries from Lumo & LNER!

Now here is an absolute gorgeous photo I took from the platforms at London Bridge as I waited for my Thameslink train to Brighton. The view down the line out of London Bridge is truly a spectacle, it's like a river of trains running back and forth to various places across South East England! I didn't film any trains as I was preoccupied with getting on my own, so please do enjoy this photo to make up for it. :)
London Bridge Eastbound View by enphyte, on Flickr

Now, onto Brighton, while I have visited this city once earlier this year, I've never really done any "sightseeing". I spent my day at Brighton having a wonder around and I visited the pier, here's a nice photo from it! It was a gorgeous, yet not too hot day to go on a wonder and the sounds and smells of the sea were quite lovely.
Brighton from the Pier by enphyte, on Flickr

Now these next three photos are from my trainspotting session at Brighton station (video soon!), a lovely staff member from Southern was happy for me to film the trains here whilst I was waiting for my train as I had wrapped up a good hour and a half earlier than when my train back to London arrived (and even then it was late as you'd expect from Thameslink). Lovers Walk Depot was in viewing distance of the end of the platform and the view of the train shed was lovely. Trainspotting here is a bit awkward, but the opportunity was there so I might as well have took it!
Lovers Walk Depot from Brighton Station by enphyte, on Flickr
Brighton Station on the outside by enphyte, on Flickr
Brighton Station ticket barriers & trainshed by enphyte, on Flickr

And finally, a photo from the Volks Electric Railway. A return ticket for this mile long railway was only £6.70, which was a good price to pay for a good experience with friendly staff and stunning views of Brighton's beaches, and the trains themselves of course. I did plan on filming the level crossings here (which I will post as a video soon), however it seems like they were permanently turned on & there was no alarm so that was a tad shame, but it doesn't mean I didn't get good footage! I'd highly recommend checking the railway out if you have about an hour to spare, it wasn't too busy on the day I went so it should be good for those who love some quieter railway action. :)
Volks Electric Railway by enphyte, on Flickr

That's all from me today! I have some more photos and videos to share with you all soon from my weekend visit up north to Chesterfield! I got a lot of good Midland Mainline action that I can't wait to share.
 

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
Brighton / 21st August 2025

Little late on this one, however my Trains at Brighton video came out yesterday! Quite a few trains captured in this one despite the partial obstruction viewing the other side of the station. The opportunity came whilst I was in Brighton a few weeks ago and figured I'd take the chance to film some of the activity around here. :)
I hope to have some more photos soon! I've got some plans coming up where I should be able to get some good footage and photos to share, stay tuned.
 

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
South Kenton / 13th August 2025

My Trains at South Kenton video has finally arrived! Saw some locos and units in this video that I never thought I'd see before, it's always cool to see a Class 90 out and about. :)

I do have some more content to come soon, I just need to get around to actually editing, which may take some time as college starts up again. Coming soon, some photos from the Bluebell Diesel Gala!
 

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
Chesterfield & Mucking Level Crossing / 24th August & 26th September 2025

Oh dear, it's been a good minute since I've updated this page! Let me catch you all up to speed then.
I started college up again recently so I've been unable to do much trainspotting, let alone editing any videos and photos.

Firstly, a few weeks ago I posted my trainspotting clips from Chesterfield. I wasn't at the station physically, but instead I was on a footbridge north from the station, this provided me some great views! I also managed to see my first CrossCountry and Northern train services in-person. You would never find those in London (obviously).
I hope you enjoy it more than the YouTube algorithm did!

Secondly, I had the chance to film at the Mucking Level Crossing, this is my first dedicated level crossing video so I hope I have done it well. :)
Level crossings are what got me into trains and the railway, so it's good to finally pay some homage.
The algorithm also seems to really like this one, 132 views in 6 hours! Not bad.
 

enphyte

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2025
Messages
21
Location
Thurrock
Bluebell Railway Diesel Gala & finally spotting 720601! / 6th September & 4th October 2025

I've published some more videos in the past two weeks. One featuring all my nice shots from the Bluebell Railway Diesel Gala in early September, which was very nice by the way, perfect weather. The other video is an impromptu spotting of 720601! Incase you didn't know, this unit is the c2c unit that has the Great British Railways transition sticker on the side, and has been avoiding me since nationalisation in July, well now I can finally say that I have seen it! Rather than getting a glimpse from a train passing by East Ham depot...
I hope you enjoy these clips, I know there hasn't been much Trains At action recently, and that is wholly down to a lack of time, but don't worry as I have potential fun Trains At videos coming hopefully this month. I am going to be visiting the cities of Cardiff & York, and of course that means trainspotting! It'd be a crime if I didn't...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top