Coolguy22468
Member
I carry a disabled bus pass and I know I can use my pass on the Sheffield Supertram but are there any other metro's I can use it on and can I use it on the London Underground or any rail services? cheers Coolguy22468.
I carry a disabled bus pass and I know I can use my pass on the Sheffield Supertram but are there any other metro's I can use it on and can I use it on the London Underground or any rail services? cheers Coolguy22468.
As far as I am aware Sheffield Supertram and possibly Blackpool Trams are the only two to accept ENCTS passes on trams. Unless your pass is issued as a 'Freedom Pass' by the London Councils, no it can not be used on LUL. Some local authorities give entitlements to use passes on heavy / light rail in their own areas, see your own local authority documentation for this.
TP
No its just a Staffordshire one and I can't use it on trains in the county. If I was HM Government I would make it a requirement for extras issued by certain counties must be given to anyone who has a valid pass and not just residents in that area.
Why? If council tax payers in particular county want to offer additional benefits, surely they're entitled to decide who to offer those benefits to?If I was HM Government I would make it a requirement for extras issued by certain counties must be given to anyone who has a valid pass and not just residents in that area.
Presumably HM government would pay for it too - at cost price at least.
WMPTE allow West Midlands holders to use their passes on the Midland Metro (and the train within the zones) from 0930 to end of service.
The Staffordshire Card allows for travel 24hrs per day in Staffordshire (except Stoke-on-Trent) which I suppose is better than other counties but it would be better if I could use it on the trains as well.
Slight correction...Midland and Tyne & Wear - not valid
DLR, Croydon, Nottingham and Manchester - only local passes valid

Oh and for the sake of completeness; Tyne & Wear residents with an ENCTS card can pay £25 a year for a 'Gold Card' to get free travel [*] on Metro, Shields Ferry and Northern Rail trains between Newcastle & Sunderland.Thanks, altered![]()
If they are similar, it won't be an inconvenience to take the bus insteadIt seems a bit stupid in my opinion that people can use busses but not trams as in reality the two are relatively similar.

If they are similar, it won't be an inconvenience to take the bus instead![]()
I think the best one I had was someone demanding that hotels accept them for when they are trying to get from one end of the country to the other and can't do it in a day...
That is a bit over the top. Someone really asked that?
Oh and I once had one wanting to know why Eurostar didn't accept them...
If someone else is paying for you then abide by their rules...
Eurostar, you should of let them and they could of then god stuck in france...
Eurostar, you should of let them and they could of then god stuck in france with the french conductors then refusing to accept them and then with them left on the wrong side of the channel.
... for the elderly, perhaps means-testing is best...
Though not specifically relevant here, for reference (from a reliable source), the Senior Bus Passes are valid as follows:
Blackpool* and Sheffield - valid**
Midland and Tyne & Wear*** - not valid
DLR, Croydon, Nottingham and Manchester - only local passes valid
* - NOT valid on Illuminations trams, and a nil value ticket is usually issued.
** - NOT valid until after 0930 Mon-Fri.
*** - However holders can obtain a yearly Metro Gold Card for £25 Resident and £35 Non-Resident, which holds usual morning peak restrictions.
Though not specifically relevant here, for reference (from a reliable source), the Senior Bus Passes are valid as follows:
Blackpool* and Sheffield - valid**
* - NOT valid on Illuminations trams, and a nil value ticket is usually issued.
** - NOT valid until after 0930 Mon-Fri.
I believe both accept passes issued from anywhere in the country, certainly I've read in rail media that Blackpool does. I would probably wait for someone to confirm before trying it though!
Holders of a South Yorkshire or English National Senior Citizen concessionary pass are entitled to free travel after 09:00AM Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays. Full fare is payable at all other times. Holders of South Yorkshire or English National disabled persons passes are entitled to free travel all day, every day. London Freedom pass holders are also be entitled to free travel on Supertram as above.
Holders of English National Concessionary Travel Scheme passes can travel free of charge between 0930 and 2300 Mondays to Fridays and at anytime on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays on Tramcar services in Blackpool and Wyre (except after 6pm during the Illuminations Period on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and the October half term).