• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT staff shortage this Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty133

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2012
Messages
2,622
Location
Leicester/Sheffield
Major disruption expected, http://t.co/7xendGL4tT, link from EMT on twitter. Will quote when I get onto a screen bigger than 4 inches.
Both London and local services affected.
Thanks to TransportPhoto for quoting the article
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,577
For the benefit of others, as Qwerty133 isn't able to at the moment:
DISRUPTION INFORMATION

12.06.2014
SERVICE ALTERATIONS SUNDAY 15 JUNE 2014
Due to late notice, short term shortages of available staff, trains on the following routes will be disrupted; disruption is expected to continue all day Sunday 15 June.



Latest Information:

Trains on the following routes will be revised and subject to alteration, a revised timetable will be available here on Friday 13th June.
To/from London St Pancras (Leicester, Nottingham, Derby & Sheffield)

To/from Liverpool Lime St (Manchester & Liverpool Lime St)

To/from Skegness (Nottingham, Grantham, Sleaford, Boston & Skegness)

To/from Matlock (Nottingham, Derby, Matlock)
To/from Lincoln (Nottingham, Newark & Lincoln)
Ticket Information
East Midlands Trains tickets dated for Sunday 15th June for East Midlands Trains services only will be valid for travel on Saturday 14th June and Monday 16th June. Advance purchase tickets can be used on different services than booked on Sunday 15th June.

The following operators will accept East Midlands Trains tickets on reasonable routes;

London Midland

First Capital Connect

Northern Trains

Cross Country Trains

Refund Information
If you decide not to travel you can apply for a refund. Tickets are refunded at the place where the ticket was bought. If your tickets were bought via East Midlands Trains by phone, they need to be sent back to:

Refunds
East Midlands Trains Customer Service Centre
Overline House
Southampton Central Station
Southampton
SO15 1AL

If they were bought on our website, they need to be sent back to:

East Midlands Trains
Refunds Department
PO Box 23972
Edinburgh
EH3 5DA

If they have not yet been collected and were bought online, you can request a refund by going to our website, logging into your account, going to the order status and refund applications section.

Please note the conditions of some tickets may mean that they cannot be refunded in this instance please call (0870 333 4875).

Please check back here for the latest information, or alternatively follow us on Twitter @EMTrains for the latest up to date information.

- See more at: http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk...ges-Sunday-15-June-2014/#sthash.QJAmNCHW.dpuf
 

ExRes

Established Member
Joined
16 Dec 2012
Messages
8,458
Location
Back in Sussex
As it's only been just over 40 months, I wonder if they want me in to do a turn ?, not much time in hand for refreshers but I've got a fairly good memory

:D
 

TUC

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2010
Messages
5,090
Totally inefficient ways of working from the railway yet again. How long will the government lay back and put up with this?
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
Totally inefficient ways of working from the railway yet again. How long will the government lay back and put up with this?

I agree, how dare these horrible staff members refuse to work their days off!:roll:
 

ExRes

Established Member
Joined
16 Dec 2012
Messages
8,458
Location
Back in Sussex
Totally inefficient ways of working from the railway yet again. How long will the government lay back and put up with this?

Those are the terms of contract, do you suggest tearing up those contracts and forcing staff to accept new ones against their will ? why not stick in forcible Christmas day work as well ?

The government have got nothing to do with anything, the staff contracts are between a privatised company and its employees

While you're at it why not ask some SWT drivers what they think about taking a few quid for having sundays inside the working week, not one single one that I spoke to a couple of years ago didn't wish they were still on their old terms

EMT drivers didn't want sundays inside when I was there and I don't imagine they will ever be stupid enough to change that stance
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
While you're at it why not ask some SWT drivers what they think about taking a few quid for having sundays inside the working week, not one single one that I spoke to a couple of years ago didn't wish they were still on their old terms

I can't answer that as I would be banned from the forum!;)
 

Qwerty133

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2012
Messages
2,622
Location
Leicester/Sheffield
EMT drivers didn't want sundays inside when I was there and I don't imagine they will ever be stupid enough to change that stance

Thought I'd read on here previously that ASLEF had attempted to get Sundays into the working week but EMT weren't interested as they'd have to employ more drivers?
 

LowLevel

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2013
Messages
8,927
A little bird tells me they are having several goodwill issues at the moment with unpopular diagrams being imposed on Sundays and other rostering issues for both drivers and guards.
 

ExRes

Established Member
Joined
16 Dec 2012
Messages
8,458
Location
Back in Sussex
Thought I'd read on here previously that ASLEF had attempted to get Sundays into the working week but EMT weren't interested as they'd have to employ more drivers?

I certainly don't remember it as being an official ASLEF line but, sadly, nothing would surprise me on that score

Some of us mere drivers did point out the small fact that every driver that worked a sunday would have to have a different day off to balance the hours worked, as we were being told we would be expected to work every other sunday that would mean 25 drivers working from St Pancras instead of, IIRC, 7 meaning 18 drivers to be covered monday to Saturday, how else could that be done without having to employ additional drivers at great expense to EMT ?

There are other questions of course, how many additional services would need to be provided to give 18 drivers some work to do, how much would that cost EMT in track access charges, fuel and other extra maintenance costs, could the extra services be fitted in during weekend engineering schedules or are 18 drivers going to be brought in to sit spare every sunday, are there enough potential passengers to attempt to pay for this exercise, and that's just St Pancras depot, now do the sums when you put Derby into the mix
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I can't answer that as I would be banned from the forum!;)

Sorry about that 455, I didn't mean to rub salt into old wounds

;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A little bird tells me they are having several goodwill issues at the moment with unpopular diagrams being imposed on Sundays and other rostering issues for both drivers and guards.

I'm not in a position to comment on that any longer, but goodwill issues certainly wouldn't shock me too much ........
 

ExRes

Established Member
Joined
16 Dec 2012
Messages
8,458
Location
Back in Sussex
Thats okay, plans are afoot for me to become ex455driver! ;)
Oh and Sundays would be outside as well! :lol:

Good man, I've got to quite like Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays outside the working week, you'll find it grows on you if you give it the chance

I have a shrine to the BR pension scheme and BRASS in my back garden, all those contributions are gratefully returned to my bank account and given thanks for :D
 

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,369
455driver:1820040 said:
While you're at it why not ask some SWT drivers what they think about taking a few quid for having sundays inside the working week, not one single one that I spoke to a couple of years ago didn't wish they were still on their old terms

I can't answer that as I would be banned from the forum!;)
Where's the 'Like' button for that??!
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
Good man, I've got to quite like Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays outside the working week, you'll find it grows on you if you give it the chance

I have a shrine to the BR pension scheme and BRASS in my back garden, all those contributions are gratefully returned to my bank account and given thanks for :D

I am not there yet unfortunately so I am looking forward to making the working week any 4 days out of Monday to Saturday with optional Sundays rather than compulsory.
Funnily enough I think that when they become optional I will still work them as that can be my pocket money, model trains are getting rather expensive now, in fact they can cost more than my car* did! :lol

* If you saw the car you would understand why! ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What, you'd like poor old 455driver banned from the forum ?

:lol:

Ha ha ha, very good! :lol:
Even I didnt think of that one, now where is that like button!
 

Mugby

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2012
Messages
2,138
Location
Derby
They are viewable now.

Four and a half hours on a replacement bus between Norwich and Nottingham doesn't sound terribly appealing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top