bunnahabhain
Established Member
- Joined
- 8 Jun 2005
- Messages
- 2,277
The only crew changes that I know take place at Sheffield are on the 1554(?) Norwich to Liverpool. Both driver and guard are booked to be relieved there, the guard is meant to travel to Sheffield on the 1747 ex Notts and the driver passes from Derby having been to Matlock.The joining/dividing at Nottingham also adds the additional safety net that services can be restarted right time if there's a significant delay. I think this is more applicable heading north west, as you've got a unit there waiting and normally a crew as well. I believe that there are some crew changes at Sheffield, but they're few and far between - maybe someone who signs the route could confirm?![]()
Youll find that services will generally get restarted at Nottingham when the incoming service is more than 20 minutes late and is unlikely to gain any additional time as it progresses. East or westbound it makes little difference, it'll get restarted using whatever units are available, exceptions usually made for the 2034 to Norwich from Nottingham as there are no alternatives to get folk, so that one can (and has) run with some serious delays, it was 95mins down the other Saturday, although I was 130mins down heading the other way from Norwich.