• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT HST on loan to East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,665
Location
South Yorkshire
I travelled today from Wakefield Westgate to Leeds on the 15.13 service. I was expecting an IC225 but I was extremely suprised to see that an EMT HST was operating the service. The train was rather overcrowded perhaps due to a complete lack of seat resservations. It was a set led by class 43 number 43058. I am not a regular on the East Coast or MML so I was wondering whether or not this is a common occurence? Was there a reason for todays use of an EMT set?

 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,129
Location
Redcar
EC are hiring in an EMT set to cover for 225s whilst they're away being repainted. It normally runs between LDS-KGX-NCL-KGX-LDS.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
058 has been with that set for a good couple of weeks now....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top