i doubt that they'll have enough,unless the swap some 4/5car diagrams for HSTs
i doubt that they'll have enough,unless the swap some 4/5car diagrams for HSTs
They have a lot spare on Saturday/Sunday - so they say anyway. This is why a Meridian goes to York or Scarborough and sits around there all day Saturday (5 car) and Sunday (7 car). If one did go in service I think it would be Nottingham-Liverpool only.
Also they did use a 7 car Meridian between Nottingham and Liverpool to provide extra capacity for the Grand National.
Wasnt that a 5 car??
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - put 158s on Corby - London and let the Pioneers and Meridians run Liverpool - Nottingham (- Norwich). Just because a route is 'new' doesn't mean it needs new stock, and from what I hear Corby runs are very lightly loaded.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - put 158s on Corby - London and let the Pioneers and Meridians run Liverpool - Nottingham (- Norwich). Just because a route is 'new' doesn't mean it needs new stock, and from what I hear Corby runs are very lightly loaded.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - put 158s on Corby - London and let the Pioneers and Meridians run Liverpool - Nottingham (- Norwich).
To be honest I think 158s are going to be the only sort of train operting on the Liverpool-Norwich route for the next 6 years except for special occasions.
What I think will happen is that when the EMT franchise comes up for renewal in 2015 a new train order for Liverpool-Norwich will be in the contract which will displace the 158s for other more local services. By that time the MML SHOULD be electrified which could see the running of 222s on the Nottingham to Liverpool portion.
are there enough to be used by TPE?
Then there is FTPE (which could be under a different name by then) who could run them between Manchester and Glasgow.