A while back I was helpfully told that Coach D on the Meridians is half and half, and tends to be fairly quiet as not everyone realises this.
Coming back from London on Saturday I was looking to hop on, only to find that the whole coach was marked as 1st, with the yellow bar the full length and 2+1 seating right through.
Has part of this coach been derestricted, or are there units in the fleet with a full 1st class coach D? The guard did announce half of the coach was standard class, but it didn't look that way to me. Maybe muscle memory on their part?
Unit was 222006.
Coming back from London on Saturday I was looking to hop on, only to find that the whole coach was marked as 1st, with the yellow bar the full length and 2+1 seating right through.
Has part of this coach been derestricted, or are there units in the fleet with a full 1st class coach D? The guard did announce half of the coach was standard class, but it didn't look that way to me. Maybe muscle memory on their part?
Unit was 222006.