• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR expanding penalty fares area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,840
S

Surely Scotrail removing Peak time fares is simplifying the ticketing structure?
But there are products such as Groupsave and concessionary fares that are only available from staffed sales points.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,914
Location
0036
Totally agree, whenever I fly on a budget airline like Ryanair or Easyjet I always get the print at home tickets. Sure I have to pay for the ink but I don't want to be stuck in Dublin without a ticket due to my phone being dead.
You'll not have that choice from November when Ryanair phases out printed boarding passes.
It doesn't raise the cost of the machine if the machine already needs to be internet connected to issue smart tickets and reservation-only tickets like Advances.
And authorise credit cards!
Has anyone told Merseyrail about this? They don't seem to want to do eticket (as opposed to smart card) at all.
Merseyrail issue and accept their own e-tickets on their website.
 

Scotty

Member
Joined
15 Dec 2009
Messages
463
Location
Boston, Lincs
Now that Peterborough – Doncaster will become a penalty fare line, and I believe there are signs up at Sleaford to say it is becoming a "penalty fare station"... does that mean all journeys to Sleaford can be penalty-fared? Such as on the Nottingham-Skegness line - or do you have to be travelling between 2 penalty fare stations?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top